Sunday, August 23, 2009

Photos of the Avon Valley



The Avon Valley is one of my favourite locations, but there always seems to be new areas to find and explore. From up near Cobblers Pool, to the Avon Valley National Park and down to Walyunga then Bells ... it's a great area to get into on foot with the camera bag, a 1.25 litre bottle of water and of course, the tripod ! Some shots from yesterday, not the best weather, but we did find the waterfall I'd been meaning to scope out. Quite an exhaustive 1-hour hike (legs turning to jelly, heart pounding in my throat, yes I am 45 ...) to get the angles I wanted, but well worth it. Unfortunately, scum bags like Peet & Co. want to turn this area into a yuppie housing development. Yet another area of natural beauty and endemic importance on Perth's doorstep under threat by money grabbing developers in bed with corrupt politicians ...